Marine regeneration actions are carried out in small coastal and shallow plots that have suffered degradation. Vegetated species are transplanted and reinforced.
When algae forests and seagrass meadows are restored, they provide habitats where other animals and plants can thrive, contributing to the increase in biodiversity and therefore to the habitat's resilience.
These spaces become social and scientific laboratories where citizens and science encounter, raising awareness and train the local community so that it actively participates in monitoring and conservation tasks.
MedGardens has five specific targets:
- Research and develop marine regeneration techniques
- Integrate citizen participation and marine custody
- Promote the practice of marine citizen science [www.SeaWatchers.net]
- Foster awareness and education of the marine environment
- Prevent the degradation of marine habitats